Ron Rivers is running for State Assembly in NJ-17 and is here to talk about how he started his career in politics, how the values of Jiu-Jitsu relate to his job, and what are his plans for the community.
Links and Resources from this Episode
- Connect with Nick Lamagna
- Connect with Ron Rivers
- Where Ron’s drive comes from – 4:33
- How to keep the motivation up when you have lazy days: the routine is freedom! – 9:14
- Being present in the now, to create the future that I want – 11:30
- How Ron started his journey in politics and what his campaign is all about – 13:15
- “We try to maximize the potential of the individual instead of maximizing the profit of a few” – 20:40
- The importance of relatability, social media and how Ron reaches people – 23:40
- Ron’s political aspirations – 28:10
- How Ron avoids frustration when encountering polarization in social media – 38:50
- How you can learn more about Ron, his campaign and how to vote for him – 48:12
- Touching on the subject of climate crisis – 1:02:00
Review, Subscribe and Share
If you like what you hear please leave a review by clicking here.
Make sure you’re subscribed to the podcast so you get the latest episodes.